So the iron curtain is lifted — find out what is behind it! (2-day Tour)
Choose this St Petersburg Tour if:
- You are interested in the Soviet period of the Russian history, i.e. WWII, the Siege of Leningrad, the figure of Stalin.
- You would like to understand how the Soviet people lived and what they believed in.
- You are wishing to learn as much as possible and see not only the must see places, but also something more specifically connected to the Soviet period.
This tour offers an opportunity to see the most famous must see attractions of St Petersburg but also provides a slightly different flavour to the whole experience.
Note: You can change this tour in any way you wish picking up ideas here
- Minimum: 2 people
- Maximum: You determine the size of the group (though we do not recommend groups of more than 12 people).
- State Hermitage Museum
- Church of our Savior on the Spilt Blood
- Catherine Palace with the Amber Room
- Metro ride
- Russian Museum
- Russian Vodka Museum
- Museum of the Political History
- Siege Memorial
Activity level: Medium
(we do not recommend this excursion for handicapped visitors and small children)
Excursion Duration: (2 day) 20 hours
Back to the USSR Tour Itinerary
Itinerary will be adjusted to the museum day off
|8:oo am - 8:30 am
(depending on your ship arrival)
|Meeting in port (in the lobby of your hotel): we will be waiting for you with a sign that has your name on it.|
|9:00 am - 11:00 am||Travel to Pushkin (25 km from St Petersburg). On the way we will have a number of photo stops to show you the most impressive ensembles of St Petersburg as well as some remarkable examples of Soviet architecture. Visit to the Stalin Metro.|
|10:15 am - 11:00 am||Visit to the Siege memorial, an extremely emotional monument and a memorial hall devoted to the defenders of Leningrad during WWII.|
|11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Inside tour of Catherine Palace with the world famous Amber Room. Enjoy the amazing work of the Soviet restorers, who managed to return to the world this stunning baroque-style palace. Learn more about their heroic deeds and the titanic efforts they took to bring this beauty back for future generations.|
|1:45 pm - 3:00 pm||Driving back to St Petersburg with a quick lunch in a non-tourist place.|
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm||Inside guided tour of the Russian Museum (spending most of the time in the department of Soviet and contemporary art)|
|5:00 pm - 5:30 pm||Guided tour of the Church on the Spilt Blood.|
|6:00 pm - 6:30 pm||Russian Vodka museum, learn more about the history of this Russian drink and try 3 different kinds of vodka.|
|7:00 pm||Return to the ship or optional Dinner with the Russian family in their apartment (return to the ship at 9:00 pm).|
|8:00 am||Meeting in the port (or in the lobby of your hotel).|
|8:00 am - 11:00 am||Second part of the city tour (Smolny district, Neva river embankments). Coffee break in a famous Soviet donut cafe.|
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||Museum of the political history of Russia, mostly devoted to the soviet period. The museum provides a perfect opportunity to learn and discover more about not only the history but also about the everyday life of the Russian people in the 20th century.|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch in a Soviet style cafe.|
|2:15 pm - 4:30 pm||Hermitage museuminside guided tour
(no impressionist department visit)
|5:00 pm||Return to the ship.|
Price Per Person Includes:
- Blanket visas/invitation letters
- Guide services for 2 days
- Driver services for two days featuring a Mercedes Viano / Sprinter with A/C. Vehicle type depends on the number of people in your group.
- Admittance fees to the museums listed in the program
- Permits for video and photos in the museums
- Bottled water (one bottle per person per day)
- Rain ponchos in case of inclement weather
- All port fees and all local taxes
- Headphones for guided tours inside the museums fоr groups of 6 or more
- Special welcome gift
- Not Included:
- The cost of lunches and coffee (about $10-15 per person at a traditional Russian pancake or pie house
- The cost of the dinner with the Russian family and return transfer.
When booked before December 31, 2017 you will get 10% discount
|Back to the USSR St Petersburg tour|
|Number of people||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Price per person in US$||535||400||330||295||270||upon request|