These Royal Palaces are known as “dachas” which means country house, used mainly in the summer time, so a royal dacha = royal summer palace.
Choose this St Petersburg Tour if:
- You are in St Petersburg and want to spend one full day touring with a guide and a driver
- You would like to cover, in one day, the world-famous summer residences of the Russian tsars, which are remote from the city center and not so easy to see on your own
The Royal Palaces Tour includes both Catherine Palace (with the famous Amber Room) in Pushkin and Peterhof, also known as the Russian Capital of Fountains.
You can visit both residences in one day, saving not only time - but also money!
- Minimum: 2 people
- Maximum: You determine the size of the group (the price does depend on the number of people in your private party).
- Catherine Palace with the Amber Room
- Catherine Royal Park
- Peterhof Lower Park with Fountains
- Optional: Agate Rooms and 1 small pavilion in the Lower Garden
Activity level: Medium (this tour can be adjusted for handicapped visitors and very small children)
Excursion Duration: 9.5 hours
Royal Palaces Tour Itinerary
Itinerary will be adjusted to the museum day off
8:30 am - 9:00 am
(depending on your ship’s arrival)
Meeting in the port (or in the lobby of your hotel): we will be waiting for you with a sign that has your name on it.
|9:00 am - 10:00 am||Travel to Pushkin. the town is located some 25 km to the soutd of St Petersburg.|
|10:00 am - 12:00 pm||Guided tour of Catherine Palace featuring Amber room.|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||
Walk in the Royal Park and (optional) visit to Agate Rooms, one of the finest creations of Charles Cameron in St Petersburg.
In beauty, they can be compared to Amber room.
|1:00 pm - 1:30 pm||Quick coffee break in a nearby cafe.|
|1:30 pm - 2:30 pm||Driving to Peterhof.|
|2:30 pm - 4:30 pm||
Walk in the Lower Garden - enjoy all the fountains!
An optional visit to a smaller pavilion in the garden (Catherine Block, Mon Plaisir or Batd Block).
|4:30 pm - 5:15 pm||To the city by hydrofoil.|
|5:30 pm - 6:00 pm||Return to the ship or to the hotel.|
Price Per Person Includes:
- Blanket visas/invitation letters
- Guide services for 1 day
- Driver services for one day featuring a Mercedes Viano / Sprinter with A/C
- Vehicle type depends on the number of people in your group
- Admittance fees to the museums listed in the program
- Permits for video and photos in the museums
- Bottled water (one bottle per person per day)
- Rain ponchos in case of inclement weather while visiting Peterhof Lower park
- All port fees and all local taxes
- Headphones for parties from 6 people
- Hydrofoil ride
- Special welcome gift
- The cost of a coffee break (about $10-15 per person per day)
- Cost of entrance fees to Agate rooms and 1 small pavilion in the Lower garden
|St Petersburg One-Day Tour|
|Number of people in your group||2||3||4||5||6||7||8+|
|Price Per Person US $||245||185||155||145||130||120||Upon Request|
Note: Children under 7 are traveling for free; children from 7 to 18 years and students from 18 to 24 (upon showing their ISIC student card only) receive a discount of $15 off the cost of the tour